The International Society of Contemporary Music World New Music Days 2011 will be held in association with the 26th Music Biennale Zagreb 2011 in Zagreb, Croatia, 7 – 17 April 2011.
As a member of ISCM, CANZ is able to submit up to six works by CANZ members for consideration for performance at the festival. You may also enter works as an individual directly to ISCM for consideration, however this incurs an entry fee of 50 euro. Composers whose piece(s) have been programmed for the 2010 ISCM World Music Days in Sydney are not eligible to submit works as part of the official CANZ entries or as individuals. Works must be composed in, or after, 2005, and the recommended duration for works is up to a maximum of 12 minutes.
Works in the following categories may be submitted for consideration:
1. Symphony orchestra
2. String ensemble (188.8.131.52.1) with or without electronics or video
3. Jazz orchestra (5.4.4.rhythm section)
4. Tamburitza orchestra
5. Croatian Army Wind Symphony Orchestra (fl (2.2.picc). ob (2.2). es cl. cl (3.2.2). bas cl. sopran sax. alt sax (1.1). tenor sax (1.1). bar sax. tenor eufonium (1.1). bar eufonium (1.1). hn (184.108.40.206). flugel hn (1.1.1). tpt (220.127.116.11). trbn (2.1.1). tuba. db. timpani. 5 perc)
6. Percussion ensemble, with or without male voice solo
7. Baroque ensemble (18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124- timpani – harpsichord – 126.96.36.199.1)
8. Voice solo (female/male, jazz/classical trained), with or without electronics or video
9. Girls’ choir
10. Saxophone quartet (188.8.131.52) / octet (184.108.40.206)
11. Tuba quartet, with or without organ
12. Electric guitar with or without string quartet
13. Electronic music
Sound sculptures / audio-video installations
Submitting for consideration for CANZ official entries
CANZ members may submit a maximum of two works (composer in or after 2005) for consideration for the CANZ official entry.Submitted scores must be accompanied by the following information: applicable category (see above); programme note; year of composition; duration of the work; contact details.
Works may be sent by post or email. For email submissions, send pdfs of scores only (no Sibelius or Finale files please). Email scores to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘ISCM 2011’ in the subject line and with the required information in the body of the email. For postal submissions, send scores and the required information to the following address:
Samuel Holloway – ISCM 2011
104 Cape Hill Road
The deadline for submissions to CANZ is THURSDAY 2 JULY (postmarked).
Entering as an Individual
The following materials and information are required:
• Two copies of the score or two copies of audio / video material of non-notated works and projects
• Notification of the category
• A recording of the submitted work if possible
• Programme notes of the submitted work in English (maximum 200 words in Word)
• The year of composition (please specify if the work has not been premiered)
• Estimate of the duration (the recommended duration is up to a maximum of 12 minutes)
• Technical rider, list of equipment, amplification etc.
• A short biography of the composer in English (maximum 200 words in Word)
• A recent photo of the composer
• Mailing and email address of the composer
Website of the composer or the publisher if available
Proof of payment of the entry fee
An entry fee of 50 euro applies for each individual submission. It should be paid in one of the following ways:
• Creditcard, by using PayPal on the ISCM website www.iscm.org or
• Bank transfer to the account of the ISCM, by mentioning ‘individual submissionISCM2011’, and your name:
ISCM – International Society for Contemporary Music,
ABN-AMRO Bank, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The postmark deadline for individual entries is 1 August 2010. Entries are to be sent to the following address:
Hrvatsko Drustvo Skladatelja
Croation Composers’ Society
(ISCM – WNMD 2011)
Further details for entering as an individual can be found on the ISCM website.
Contacts for information
For general information please visit http://www.iscm.org/. For information on submitting works to CANZ for consideration, please contact Samuel Holloway at email@example.com with ‘ISCM 2011’ in the subject line.