- Entry Procedures
- Applications must be registered by sending the completed entry form by 7 December 2007. Entrants will then receive an acknowledgement of their application.
- Entrants should submit the orchestral score to the NZSO NYO Manager no later than Friday 7 March 2008. Orchestral parts need not be sent at this stage.
- Entrants must be a New Zealand resident or citizen.
- Composers must be 25 years of age or younger on 20 August 2008.
- Maximum 5 minutes duration.
- All entries must be submitted in computer generated format on unbound single-sided A4 paper. A complete instrumentation listing must be provided at the beginning of the score as well as the duration.
- One entry per person, work to be for full symphony orchestra without soloists; concert opener, overture/fanfare type.
- Maximum instrumentation is as follows:
3333 4431 timpani 4 percussion 2hp 1 keyboard (cel or pno) strings (including piccolo, English horn, bass clarinet and contrabassoon)
- The entry must be a fully original work, not previously offered to any other organization. It must not have been performed in rehearsal, concert or workshop.
- If the work is selected the composer must provide one single-sided A4 copy of the score and each part by Thursday 1 May 2008. A programme note, biography (about 250 words) and photo should be sent to the NZSO NYO Manager no later than Monday 2 June 2008.
- The NZSO NYO reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not adhere to these requirements.
You can download an application form here [pdf 243kB] or for more information contact:
NZSO National Youth Orchestra Manager
P.O. Box 6640
Tel: 04 80 1890
Fax: 04 801 3891
Mobile: 0275 745 293