The International Society of Contemporary Music World New Music Days 2015 will take place in Slovenia from 26 September to 1 October 2015.
As a member of ISCM, CANZ will submit six works by six CANZ members for consideration for performance at the festival. You may submit up to 2 works to CANZ for consideration.
DEADLINE for submission to CANZ for consideration: Thursday 16 October 2014 (receipt of submission).
You may also enter works as an individual directly to ISCM for consideration, however this incurs an entry fee of 50 Euro. Please see the following website for details about making individual submissions: http:// www.worldmusicdays2015.si
According to the regulations issued by ISCM, preference will be given to shorter compositions, and to pieces composed in, or after, 2007. Only one work per composer can be submitted for a given ISCM-WMD Festival, whether through the official or individual submissions.
For submission to CANZ for consideration, please send the following materials electronically to CANZ Committee member Samuel Holloway at email@example.com with the subject line ‘ISCM 2015 Submission’:
• PDF version of the score/description, or in the case of compositions/projects without a written score – audio/video documentation
• Wherever possible, an audio or video recording of the work
• Proof of nationality of the composer (PDF copy of passport)
• Current photograph of the composer (jpeg or similar)
Please also include the following as a single text file:
• A short biography of the composer in English (max 150 words)
• Programme notes of the submitted work in English (max 150 words)
• Technical rider with the specification of all equipment that is necessary to perform the work
• Website of the composer or the publisher if available
• Statement of which category the work fits (see categories list below)
1. Symphony orchestra (with or without choir, with or without soloist)
2. String orchestra, 220.127.116.11.1 duration max. 15 min
3. Big band – Jazz orchestra 18.104.22.168 duration max. 8 min
4. Mixed choir 22.214.171.124 duration max. 8 min
5. Youth choir duration max. 8 min
6. Brass ensemble 126.96.36.199.2 duration max. 10 min
7. String Quartet duration max. 10 min
8. Wind Quintet duration max. 10 min
9. Brass Quintet duration max. 10 min
10. Saxophone Quartet duration max. 10 min
11. Percussion Ensemble – up to 7 instrumentalists duration max. 10 min
12. Trio: horn, trombone, tuba duration max. 10 min
13. Military Wind Orchestra (Picc-1 Fl-3(alto fl, bass fl) Ob-1(EHorn) EbCl-1 BbCl-8 ACl-1 BCl-1 CbCl-1 Bsn-1 ASx-1(Ssax) TSx-1 BSx-1 | Hn-4 Tpt-5(flug) Tbn-2 BTbn-1 Euph-2 Tuba-2 | DB-1 El.Guit Pno Timp Drum Set Perc-2) duration max. 15 min
14. Pieces for solo instruments and various chamber ensembles up to 15 musicians with or without soloists (any combination from the list is possible but not more than two soloist per piece) duration max 10 min
· voices (Soprano, Mezzo-soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Bass)
· instruments (any combination from the list is possible): 188.8.131.52.3 – 184.108.40.206 – 4perc – 4pno – org – 3hp – 3guit – 220.127.116.11.2
15. Intermedia projects, installations, performances (Pre-recorded only, combination with live performers is possible. A list of the equipment available to composers for the performance of their works is available on the World Music Days 2015 website: www.worldmusicdays2015.si/category15equipment. Composers are themselves responsible for providing any additional equipment that is not included on this list.) duration max. 15 min
n.b. the listed instruments are standard instruments, but the use of non-standard instruments is possible (additional expenses covered by the submitter).