CANZ members are invited to submit works for consideration for performance at the 34th ACL International Festival and Conference in Vietnam, 12 – 18 October, 2016. The festival will be held in Hanoi capital and Vinh Yen city (Vinh Phuc province).
- Each entrant is allowed to submit one work only from one of the listed categories.
- In any category, playing inside the piano, or any kind of preparation of the piano, is prohibited.
- Works written in the last four years are encouraged.
- Entries are due by Friday 22 April (see below for details).
a) Orchestral works (maximum 15 mins)
1. 2-2-2-2, 4-2-3-1, Perc (3), Pf, Celesta, Harp,Str, with/without soloist
2. “Conductors are Composers”: 2-2-2-2, 4-2-3-1, Perc (3), Pf, Celesta, Harp, Str, with/without soloist. NOTE: Any composer whose piece is selected for this category must have some
experience in conducting professional orchestras, because the composer will be asked to
conduct his/her own piece in this concert.
b) Chamber orchestra
Maximum of 15 performers from the following instruments: fl, ob, cl, bsn, 2 hn, tpt, tbn, perc, pf, 2 vn, vla, vc, cb. The maximum duration is 12 minutes, in order to perform as many pieces as possible.
c) Chamber music
1. Maximum of 6 performers including oboe and/or clarinet and/or bassoon
2. Maximum of 4 performers including one violin
3. Maximum of 5 performers on Vietnam traditional instruments
The maximum duration is 12 minutes, in order to perform as many pieces as possible.
d) Piano solo
Maximum duration of 12 minutes.
e) Electroacoustic music
The call for scores in the field of electroacoustic music will be released before May 31, 2016.
Young Composer Prize
CANZ members born after October 12, 1986 are invited to submit a work for consideration for the 2016 ACL Young Composer Prize. Based on these submissions CANZ will select one composer to represent New Zealand. Please include a copy of your passport with your application.
- Duration: 5 – 8 minutes
- Maximum 5 performers
- Available instrumentation (1 of each): violin, viola, violoncello, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, and saxophone.
Please complete all information on the entry form (ACL 2016 – Entry Form-1) including:
- Name, date of birth, nationality
- Address, phone number, email
- Title, year composed, instrumentation, duration
- Biography (maximum 150 words)
- Programme notes (maximum 150 words)
- Has the work been performed? If yes, where?
Also required for the submission:
- Photo of the composer
- Audio file or CD of the work (if available)
- Score (PDF file)
- Parts (if available, PDF files)
CANZ expects to hear from ACL as to their selections by 30 June, 2016. The individual parts of selected scores should be submitted at a later date (to be announced).
Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 22 April, 2016.
If you are unable to submit the submission electronically it may be posted to the address below. Please ensure it arrives before 22 April.
Composers Association of New Zealand
PO Box 4065