ensemble mise-en is thrilled to announce the call for scores for the MISE-EN MUSIC FESTIVAL 2018! The festival has featured more than 30 pieces each year since 2014.
In order to participate, all selected composers are required to attend the festival. Selected composers will have the chance to collaborate with ensemble mise-en as well as other guest ensembles. This is a unique opportunity to share your work with not only a New York City audience, but also with visiting musicians and composers from around the world.
In 2018, two of the selected composers will also receive a residency opportunity at MISE-EN_PLACE Bushwick during the festival (June 27-30).
Deadline: December 15, 2017 (EST 11:59PM)
Submission Fee: $25
The guidelines for the submissions:
1. Applicants may be of any nationality and age.
2. Selected composers must be present at the festival (June 27-30, 2018) in New York City.
3. You may only send one piece per category. Please note that multiple submissions are welcome, but each must be submitted as a separate entity.
4. Those composers chosen to write new works (CATEGORY #4) will be notified by January 1st, 2018. All other composers chosen to participate in the festival will be notified by February 28th, 2018.
1. Chamber Ensemble (2-8 musicians including a conductor) with/without electronics
2. Solo Instrument (any standard orchestral instruments) with/without electronics
3. Chamber Orchestra (up to 20-piece ensemble) with/without electronics
4. Proposal for a new piece (flute, clarinet, trombone, piano, percussion, violin and cello with/without electronics)*
*This category is for undeveloped works or works-in-progress. Selected works must be completed and submitted by mid-April 2018 for inclusion in the festival program.
For more information see https://festival.mise-en.org/submission/