Composers are invited to apply for the 2018 Conneticut Summerfest programme
Festival Composers will receive:
– Live and live-streamed premiere of newly composed work by one of three professional ensembles-in-residence
– High-quality, mastered audio of newly composed work in studio recording session
– Concert video recording from live premiere, featured on our YouTube channel
– Lessons with our world-class composition faculty members
– Dedicated rehearsal time with our ensembles-in-residence
– Attendance of guest lectures with leading music specialists
– Housing and meals for the duration of the festival
Applicants to Connecticut Summerfest’s Composition Program will be asked to submit two (2) representative scores and recordings, which are to be no longer than 15 minutes in combined duration. Acoustic and electronic/electroacoustic submissions will be accepted for adjudication. Because this is a blind application, submitted scores and recordings must not include the composer’s name, geographic location, or any information about commissioning parties. Submitted scores and recordings must not only omit this information in text on the score, it also must be omitted from file names and metadata. Failure to omit this information will lead to disqualification of application. Only audio files may be submitted– video files will not be accepted. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age on or before June 14, 2018.
Composers accepted to the program will be asked to compose a new work for one of our ensembles-in-residence to be rehearsed, premiered live, and performed in a recording session during the festival! The composer may choose to compose either an acoustic or electroacoustic work, as the festival will have access to a stereo sound system. Any additional equipment, software, or personnel the piece would need must be provided by the composer. Invited composers will have four private lessons, one with each of our Composition Faculty, and will be asked to give a presentation of their music at one of the daily composition seminars.
Early Bird Application: $30 before 11:59PM EST on Friday December 1, 2017; or
Final Deadline Application: $45 before 11:59PM EST on Friday January 5, 2018.
This application fee is non-refundable.
For more information see http://www.ctsummerfest.org/#