The official Call for Works is now released for ISCM’s World New Music Days 2017, to be held in Vancouver, Canada from November 2 – 8, 2017.
This very exciting 7-day festival and international gathering promises the chance to hear music from over 50 countries played by world-class performers, and unprecedented networking opportunities amongst the global community of composers and performers of new music. For detailed information about the Call for Works and the Festival, see http://iscm2017.ca
CANZ is the official NZ member (Section) of the ISCM, and will be selecting and submitting six works as our Official Submission. We now invite members to submit works to CANZ for consideration. The deadline for submission to CANZ is Monday 31st October 2016. Please send all materials electronically to email@example.com. Receipt will be acknowledged of your submission. If for some reason you do not receive such acknowledgement, please send an inquiry to CANZ President (and ISCM Vice-President) Glenda Keam .
You must be a current member of CANZ to make a submission to our official NZ entry (if you wish to join CANZ, please see http://canz.net.nz/join-canz/ ) All works must have been written no earlier than 2006, and priority will be given to works completed in 2011 or later. ISCM will give preference to compositions no longer than 12 minutes. The Official Submission from CANZ will include works fitting at least four of the 14 submission categories. The range of score/project categories is particularly (and excitingly) broad – it is essential that you ensure your entry matches the specifications for one of the categories, described in detail here: http://iscm2017.ca/categories/
In order to submit works in the official NZ entry, CANZ requires the following:
1. The composer’s personal and contact information: Given names; Family name; Name as it should appear in the programme; Date of birth; full Mailing address; Gender; Phone no.; email address; website (if applicable).
2. Composition Information: Title; Submission Category; Accurate duration; Year of composition; Statement of whether the work has been previously performed in Canada; Statement of whether the work has been previous performed outside Canada.
3. The score (PDF document preferred), or audio/video documentation if the work does not have a written score.
4. An audio or video recording of the work (if possible).
5. Programme notes for the submitted work in English (maximum 100 words).
6. Technical rider specifying all equipment necessary to perform the work.
7. Short biography of the composer in English (maximum 100 words).
8. Proof of nationality of the composer (copy of passport or identity card).
9. High-resolution digital photograph of the composer.
Individual Submissions are also welcomed by ISCM, and must be submitted online direct to the ISCM in English – see http://iscm2017.ca/individual-subs/. An entry fee of €53.50 applies to Individual Submissions, payable at the time of submission.
Selected works for the ISCM World New Music Days 2017 will be announced in March, 2017.
ISCM World New Music Days 2017 is jointly presented by:
The International Society for Contemporary Music
The International Society for Contemporary Music Canadian Section
The Canadian League of Composers/La LigueCanadienne des Compositeurs
Music on Main