Composers of any nationality, born after 1st January 1982, are eligible to participate in the selection by submitting one (or more) composition(s) for an instrumental ensemble of between 5 and 12 performers by 10th January 2018.
An international jury will select by 15th February 2018 three compositions that will be performed by Divertimento Ensemble in Milan on 29th March within the 2018 Rondò concert season.
The three selected composers will then be asked to write a new composition for soprano, baritone and ensemble, whose duration must be between 8 and 12 minutes; the three new compositions will be performed during the 2019 Rondò concert season, on the occasion of the fifth edition of the ‘Franco Donatoni’ International Meeting for Young Composers. The selected composers (who will have delivered score and parts within the deadline foreseen by the rules) will take part in the rehearsals in Milan and will work in close contact with the musicians of the ensemble and the singers.
1. Composers of any nationality, born after 1st January 1982, are eligible to participate in the selection to take part in the ‘Franco Donatoni’ International Meeting for Young Composers. Each applicant may submit one (or more) composition(s) for an instrumental ensemble of between 5 and 12 performers.
2. All applicants should submit by 10th January 2018 the following online form for each score submitted:
In the enrollment form you’ll be asked to attach:
– the score/scores;
– a copy of an ID document.
After filling out the form, you will be addressed to the PayPal page to pay the enrollment fee of € 30 for each score submitted (this fee will only be reimbursed in case the ‘International Meeting’ is cancelled).
Should the PayPal payment not be possible, you may proceed to bank transfer as follows:
Banca Prossima, bank account in the name of Divertimento Ensemble,
showing as payment reason First Name, Surname, Internation Meeting ‘Franco Donatoni’.
You’ll then be asked to send copy of the money transfer to email@example.com.
3. Original scores as well as scores that have already been published and/or performed are both eligible for submission. They should not be anonymous. If possible, they should be accompanied with a recording of the performance.
4. An international jury of five composers (Franck Bedrossian, Sandro Gorli, Mauro Lanza, Fabien Lévy andGabriele Manca) will select by 15th February 2018 three composers who will be invited to take part in the International Meeting. The selected composers will be personally informed, and the selection will also be announced on IDEA’s website by 16th February 2018.
5. The three chosen scores will be performed during Divertimento Ensemble’s 2018 Rondò concert season on March 29th, in Milan.
6. Each of the three selected composers will furthermore be invited to write a 8-12 minutes composition for soprano, baritono and ensemble with words by the Italian poet and writer Pier Paolo Pasolini. The score and the parts must be delivered by 31st December 2018.
7. The three new works will be performed by Divertimento Ensemble in 2019 in Milan, on the occasion of the fifth edition of the ‘Franco Donatoni’ International Meeting for Young Composers, within Divertimento Ensemble’s 2019 Rondò concert season.
8. The three selected composers will take part in the rehearsals of their new composition, working in close contact with musicians and singers. Each composer will be entitled to a reimbursement of Euro 1,000 gross, for travel, board and lodging expenses incurred.
9. Each applicant, by submitting his/her application to participate in the International Meeting, agrees unconditionally to be bound by these rules.