The competition is divided in two sections:
– compositions for chamber instrumental group or solo instrument.
– electroacoustic music.
The competition will accept compositions by musicians of any nationality and of any age. Previously performed compositions will be
Chamber instrumental group or solo instruments:
Pieces should not exceed eight minutes in length, however consideration will be given to compositions which exceed this length if, in the opinion of the Jury, they are of particular artistic merit. The Jury’s decision on this matter is final.
The chamber instrumental group is made up of:
– a string quartet (two violins, viola and cello)
– piano / one performer
– flute (piccolo, alto flute, and bass flute) / one performer
– clarinet (clarinet in E flat, clarinet in B flat, clarinet in A and bass clarinet)/ one performer
– percussion instruments from the following list: vibraphone, glockenspiel, tom toms (max 5 pieces), suspended cymbals, tam tam, templeblocks, small percussion instruments such as triangle, wood blocks, maracas etc… / one performer
– instruments listed above may be used in any combination
– if desired, just one instrument may be used
– it is possible to use a stereo audio track on CD or digital file
of similar quality (or better), to accompany the performance of the chamber instrumental group or solo instrument.
Electroacoustic musical compositions must have a duration of less than ten minutes and must be presented with CD digital file quality (or
Any multi-channel versions of the composition must be sent along with the stereo version with CD digital file quality (or better).
For further information including application form and fees see http://www.taukay.it/pdf/2017_2018_bando_eng_ita.pdf