Have recent news, details of upcoming events, photos or anything else featuring NZ compositions? Articles or items for the next canzonetta are now due! Email any suitable material to firstname.lastname@example.org
* $2,000 USD cash award
* Inclusion on the 2013 USA International Harp Competition’s required repertoire list
* Performed by the Gold Medalist at the competition and related debut recitals
* Publication by Lyon & Healy Harps
* Inclusion on the 2013 USA International Harp Competition First Prize Winner’s CD recording
produced by Lyon and Healy Harps
* Duration: 6-8 minutes
* Instrumentation: solo harp (other instruments may be included if played by the harpist)
* Eligibility: work must be unpublished, unawarded and not have been recorded for commercial distribution
* Previous winners are not eligible
* Submissions: Online Application Form, PDF of anonymous score, MP3 recording played by harpist
* October 30, 2012. Online application form, short bio, PDF of anonymous score
* November 30, 2012. MP3 recording of submitted work played by a harpist. No digital or midi recordings will be accepted
* January 30, 2013. Winning composition announced
* To learn more about the USA International Harp Composition Contest, please visit the USA IHC website www.usaihc.org Click on 2012 Composition Contest and then on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
For additional questions contact Dr. Ruth K. Inglefield, Composition contest Chair:
**Please Note: No application or participation fee is required to enter the Composition Contest**
If you are considering submitting a work for consideration for New Zealand’s entry in the ACL Young Composer Competition, please note that the duration of work has been changed to 8 minutes maximum.
The municipal cultural institute, ‘Joaquin Chapaprieta’ has organised the (tenth) annual ‘SYMPHONY COMPOSITION CONTEST – CITY OF TORREVIEJA’.
Open to all composers.
A single prize of twelve thousand euros (12,000€) will be offered to the winner.
Deadline: 31st October 2012
Full details & instrumentation (PDF in English at bottom of page)
Email contact – PEDRO HERNANDEZ: email@example.com